Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default The End Of Free Grocery Sacks

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 01:23:01 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On 10/24/2011 10:47 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> I do the same. I prefer the cloth bags as they hold more, are easier to
>> carry ,stand up better in the car. Like most households, we do have
>> plastic bags around. None go into the trash without at least one
>> secondary use. I take my lunch in them, line small trash cans, etc.

>I use them for scooping kitty litter. I'm just saving up as many as I
>can until they are no longer offered. My mom saves hers for me, too.
>When they're all gone, not sure what I'll use.

I use them for cat litter too, but I buy them, been for years, because
I don't get enough just from grocery shopping, Sam's Club sells
"T-Shirt" bags in cartons of 1000 for $9. I also double them, you
will too after the bottom tears out just once... a bigger disaster
than a condom busting... I've been known to use two condoms too.