Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The End Of Free Grocery Sacks

"spamtrap1888" > wrote in message
On Oct 24, 6:52 pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> The closest Asian food store now has signs at the
> checkstands saying bags will no longer be free
> starting on Jan 1. Presumably this is the beginning
> of the end at all stores everywhere.
>
> What's next? Free over-the-air TV? Land lines?
> The world I knew is disappearing.

Plastic grocery store bags with handles were a Godsend. But now we'll
have to wash the blood out of
our grocery bags so we can reuse them. Hey, maybe this is meant to
encourage vegetarianism, or discourage cooking dinner from scratch.

You can get thick plastic reusable bags. Much easier to wash and dry than
the cloth. And they hold up better.