Posted to rec.food.cooking
critters & me in azusa, ca critters & me in azusa, ca is offline

Default The End Of Free Grocery Sacks

On Oct 24, 6:52*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> The closest Asian food store now has signs at the
> checkstands saying bags will no longer be free
> starting on Jan 1. *Presumably this is the beginning
> of the end at all stores everywhere.
>
> What's next? *Free over-the-air TV? *Land lines?
> The world I knew is disappearing.

Here in SoCal, the group I refer to as the 4 kings & a queen (aka the
Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors) declared that there would be
a 10 cent charge for each bag a customer requests from any retail
outline located in Los Angeles County territory. That means that I
would have to pay for a bag (or bring my own) at the TJ's in the
county area of San Gabriel, while the bags at the stores in the
incorporated cities are free, unless of course the City Council(s)
pass a similar ordinance.