Aaron Puhala

Default Gewurztraminer Numbers

No issue with the brix, 22.8 Brix should get you around 12.5% alcohol. The
acid level, however, is too low for a white wine. I suggest double-checking
the acid and then adding tartaric acid to get somewhere between 7 and 8 g/L.
As far as sulfite is concerned, many juice sources add some sulfite to the
juice already so you may not need to add any. A dose of 30-60ppm is "wise"
in my opinion for whites. Of course, you still should adjust to 30-40ppm
prior to bottling. I wouldn't be concerned about acetaldehyde, just follow
good white winemaking practices. Full containers and minimal air contact
after your first racking. Regarding, 1116 yeast, this is a very good clean
fermenting yeast for whites.

CHEERS!

Aaron

om...