Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Doug Miller[_3_] Doug Miller[_3_] is offline

Default Fermenting seems stalled

On 10/19/2011 3:20 PM, Tycarnell wrote:

>> I think the best thing you can do at this point is to make another batch,
>> using about 1/3 as much sugar, blend them, and adjust the sugar level to
>> taste after blending.

> I have started another batch with about half the sugar. Inital SG 1.054 to
> produce about 7% alcohol.
> It has fermented down to SG 0.992. I have just racked it into a glass
> carboy and will let it continue to ferment and settle.
>
> So at what point should I blend it with my first batch?

Whenever you like, after it finishes fermentation.

Blend it in a wineglass first, not in a carboy -- that way, if you don't
like the results, you've spoiled only one glass instead of ten gallons.

That also gives you the opportunity to blend in different proportions,
to see what best suits your taste.