Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mock Apple Pie

On 10/16/2011 2:53 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 17:10:58 -0700 (PDT), >
> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone remember this? It was a recipe on Ritz cracker's box. As a
>> kid, I thought it sounded horrible, and it still does. Did anyone ever
>> make this, and if so, how was it? I am assuming it is a Depression era
>> recipe, but apples are cheap if not free...

> Yes, I remember it... I even remember seeing the recipe on the box,
> but I've never tasted it. The very thought is absolutely revolting.
> And that's all I have to say about the subject.

I remember seeing the recipe on the box of crackers and wondering why
anyone in their right mind would think of eating it.

Though I have never personally used it, I don't remember any point in my
65 years of life on this planet when canned apple pie filling was not
available at the grocery store. Why would anyone eat cracker pie?

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas