Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Better at home? Better at restaurant?

"Felice" > wrote in message
> "merryb" > wrote in message

>>> That would never work. If he is home, he wants his food immediately.
>>> And that wouldn't stop him from leaving to go elsewhere to eat.

>> I'd tell him not to let the door hit him in the ass on the way out...

> Or if he wants his food immediately he can bloody well make himself dinner
> out of whatever he finds in the fridge. Jeez, what some people put up
> with!
>
> Felice

YAY Felice! It appears even in 2011 some guys still think of wives as
personal slaves.

When I was married I'd work a full day at the office, then come home and
cook dinner. And he wouldn't bother to call and tell me if he was eating
somewhere else, usually his mother's house, and not because she was a
wonderful cook. (I still can't get the image of that soupy "dressing" she
served at Thanksgiving out of my head.) So except to make a little
something for myself, I stopped cooking dinner. I'd worked all day. I was
tired. I figured if he couldn't bother to call I wasn't going to slave in
the kitchen hoping he'd show up. There's the kitchen. Knock yourself out.

Jill