Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default Favorite vegetable?

On 10/13/2011 2:03 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Tiger > wrote in message

>>> That's the part I don't like at all. Not crunchy enough. I also love
>>> the
>>> crunchy center part of lettuce leaves.
>>>

>> crunchy or stringy?
>>
>> how old is the celery hearts you are eating?????????
>>
>> i love the CRUNCHY and sweet celery hearts
>>
>> but, we each have our own likes
>>
>> enjoy yours

> It's just the really thin inner parts that I don't use. I don't generally
> buy the hearts though unless the whole celery looks bad. I really do prefer
> the outer parts.

You need to find a retired neighbour who would love the hearts!

I often buy a 'flat' of whatever is on sale as i get 5 times more than
the individual portions will allow.

We have a couple of 90+ range folks on our street, i split the flat into
3, come out ahead and there is NO waste and the seniors LOVE the 'treat'
that they cannot afford

we have to take care of each other........... too many of us have
forgotten that responsibility.............. i'm on disability, don't go
on about how 'nice it is you can afford that'

kate