Gorio Gorio is offline
Senior Member

Location: WI

Agreed! Gyros is one fo the few that I can only get in a restaurant, as the process of making it at home is too arduous compared to the $6.50 I'll spend for a perfect one.

Paella was a good example; but I'd hope any restaurant worth their salt that claimed to have it would use great medium grain rice that cooks best uncovered. I would be mega pssed to get long grain in a paella I just spent good $ on. never had it in a restaurant.

Mexican food is a toss up as it depends on the restaurant. The beauty of most latin American foods is the ease to make at home. A certain seafood soup I rmemeber from Ecuador couldn't even be emulated at home. Never even considered it. Just so perfect in the shack they call a restaurant with all local seafood delicacies. God, I crave for that flav once again.

Steaks and burgers are a horse a piece. Good Thai v. buffet Thai, you can really get some nice stuff out there. Korean and Chinese, too.

Polish recipes (czarnina/pierogi) I feel are better made at home, also; but the sausages are generally unreal if you find the right butcher.