Posted to rec.arts.tv.uk.misc,rec.food.cooking,rec.pets.dogs.misc
Stephen Newport Stephen Newport is offline

Default Eating Puppy Meat Is the Same as Eating Pork, British TV Chef Says

(Sky News) - British TV chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall claimed that
eating puppy meat is no more morally objectionable than consuming pork.

The celebrity chef previously shocked viewers by eating placenta pate,
curried fruit bat, giraffe and calf testicles and now claims that he
would not be against a "high-welfare organic puppy farm."

Fearnley-Whittingstall, the star of Channel 4's "River Cottage," was
asked by British magazine Radio Times whether he would try loin of
Labrador or cat liver.

"Not unless I was on the point of starvation," he replied. "In principle,
but not in practice, I have no objection to a high-welfare organic puppy
farm."

He added, "You can't object, unless you also object to the farming of
pigs. It's an artificial construct of our society, a cultural decision,
to make pets out of dogs and meat out of pigs. Both animals could be used
the other way round, although pigs probably do make better meat than dogs
and dogs better pets than pigs, but it's not a foregone conclusion."