Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Better at home? Better at restaurant?

Ranee wrote:

> I like to cook all sorts of ethnicities' foods, but I do try not to
> ever cook those foods for people who are actually from there. I figure
> even if it is really good, it will either be a little off or not their
> particular family style, so I just avoid it.

I think it depends on the occasion. If you have reason to believe that
a guest is feeling homesick, then he or she will probably at least
appreciate the attempt and the sentiment. That being said, if your
guest is French they'll disparage whatever you make. It's just their
way.

Bob