Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pea Shooter Pea Shooter is offline

Default Open concept? Your opinion

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 07:19:52 +0000 (UTC), Nad wrote:

> Sqwertz > wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 02:34:28 +0000 (UTC), Nad wrote:
>>
>>> From time to time, I change my name on the net, I use to go by the name Dan
>>> in the past here and elsewhere. But my name is not Dan, it use to be
>>> another handle. Dave was before Dan over ten years ago and Dave is not my
>>> name.
>>>
>>> One thing that has been consistent is I am a Male and live somewhere in
>>> Michigan, use to live in the city and now in the boondocks with very few
>>> neighbors and now retired. My best friend is a Yorkie.

>> So why do you feel the need to keep changing your name? Most of us
>> are genuine and don't morph every few years to shed our past
>> transgressions. We are genuine.
>>
>> You, OTOH, well... lets just say I don't have much respect for people
>> that keep morphing covertly.
>>
>> -sw

> Without anonymity, one cannot truly say what they believe.

Oh, gimme a break. It doesn't stop me. And even if you were still
using your name of 10+ users ago, it was anonymous as well. Look at
people like 'sf' and 'Lou', who have been using the same nick for
years 'anonymously.

And of course you can always use a one-off, like so.

All that you wrote is a cop out to cover up some sort of prior
embarrassment and paranoia.

> Large numbers of
> people want to squelch free speech. People only respect those that think
> like themselves. As an atheist, I would be dead by now by many religious
> nut jobs.

I frequently announce my atheism, and nobody has killed me yet
[sheesh]. And I've even taken it one step further.

-ps