Ronald Gagnier

Default cherry wine

I'm in the process of making a gallon of cherry wine (from sweet black
cherries) and in checking the acidity I found that it was .30. In everything
I've read it should be almost twice that.The recipe from Terry Garey's "The
Joy of Home Winemaking" calls for 2 tsps of acid blend which was added
before testing. I've also added all the other ingredients the recipe called
for with the exception of the yeast.After adding an additional 4 tsps of
acid blend in 2 tsps increments my reading has barely changed from the
initial .30. According to the test kit 2 tsps should have raised it that
much. What an I doing wrong? I purchased the test kit last weekend because I
thought the one I had was the problem. Obviously it wasn't . My acid blend
seems ok because after testing I can add some to the darkened solution and
it will lighten. Should I add more acid blend at this point? I've yet to see
a recipe call for more than 6 tsps of acid blend. Any comments or
suggestions would be greatly appreciated !