Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Better at home? Better at restaurant?

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:19:45 -0700, "M. JL Esq." >
wrote:

> I don't eat at exotic restaurants, and i choose restaurants with menus i
> can understand. Where i have some idea what i order is. Often times
> ordering a "chicken fried steak" if its on the menu, but since moving to
> California i have been so consistently disappointed i had to learn to
> make it myself.

I ordered chicken fried steak for the first time to see what that's
all about. It was good, but it's not good enough to want to make it
at home... or to even order it again, but my curiosity was satisfied.
--

Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
T.S. Eliot