Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Better at home? Better at restaurant?

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:56:30 -0400, James Silverton
> wrote:

> I've generally found that a lot of Middle Eastern and Indian broiled
> foods taste better at restaurants than when I make them; kebabs and
> tandoori food are examples. The rice they serve is usually better than
> mine too.

I've only recently started stuck my toe into the waters of middle
eastern cooking and don't do Indian at all. They're mainly restaurant
food for me, but not even once a year. I have a refrigerator *full*
of western herb & spices, I don't want to procure any more.
--

Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
T.S. Eliot