Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Better at home? Better at restaurant?

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 14:37:46 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
> wrote:

> For me both taste excellent. The reason is that I very rarely order
> at a restaurant what I make at home. I'm very fastidious and am
> nearly always disappointed if I order something that I can cook
> myself.
>
> I can't speak for risotto as it's not one of my favorites, however I
> take issue with Bouillabaisse. I make my own fish stock and have
> never had anything that comes close at a restaurant.

I don't usually order what I make with any regularity at home either,
but I would order bouillabaisse because I don't make it at home. Same
with paella (although I haven't had a restaurant version that I like
yet) and risotto... I love most of the restaurant versions I've had.
--

Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
T.S. Eliot