Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Patty Melt

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>i am sure rye bread must have been a choice or dh wouldn't have evr gotten
>it, try looking at the steak n shake menu on line and see what theirs says,
>they have had them and tuna melt forever, Lee

Hmmm... They use American cheese and you can also get bacon. No Thousand
Island. This is something I will have to look for on more menus. I don't
know why but it works very well for my blood sugar. Even after my little
boo boo today where I left my meter and insulin at home, my blood sugar was
fine later.

Now if only I could get a tuna melt! I haven't found a way to make the tuna
part without mayo that is very good. I have yet to find a mayo that I can
eat. It all has soy or eggs in it.

If I am really in the mood for a tuna sandwich, I just mix in chopped
veggies and some lemon juice. Messy but edible. Needs something to hold it
all together. I've heard that hummus would work but I'm not sure I would
like the flavor. I wonder if cottage cheese would work? I added that to my
tuna when I was pregnant for extra protein.