Tom S

Default Agglomerated Corks

"Don S" > wrote in message
om...
> > I've done that already, to my satisfaction. Red wine ages just fine

under
> > screw caps. Mine was a 1984 vintage Cabernet that I tasted ~15 years

later
> > at the same time I tasted the same wine that had been cork finished.

The
> > difference was slight; perhaps even imaginary.

> Thanks for posting that Tom, it seemed to nicely cap a
> good thread.
>
> Are you thinking of switching everything over to caps?

I'd *love* to use Stelvin screwcaps for my commercial wines, but the winery
only handles corks at the moment. I'll continue to lobby hard for a
screwcap line, but I don't have $50K to pay for the mods. I'm also lobbying
for a centrifuge, but I don't have the $$ for that either. It isn't _my_
winery anyway; I just rent space there.

Tom S