JEP

Default Sweetening & Renewed Fermentation

"Lum" > wrote in message >...

> I agree that an experiment such as this can't address what will happen to
> filtered wine in 20 years. But, it seems to me that Roberta's experiment
> does prove that a tight filtration did not significantly change the near
> term characteristics of _those_ particular wines.

I agree.

> Perhaps the most
> important aspect is that an experiment was done.

I agree 100%.

> Measurements were made,
> data was collected and analyzed and the results presented. That's a lot
> different than speculation.

And we need a lot more of this. Sorry, I may have come off too strong
before.

It's just that sometimes we (as a society) try to read too much into
some of these studies. This includes current medical research.
Sometimes we want the data to prove something that the experiment just
didn't address.

Unfortunately, a lot of the experiments we really need, take 5, 10, 20
years to conduct. If the experiment isn't set up right to begin with,
a lot of time can be wasted.

> Regards,

My Regards also,

Andy