Joe Ae

Default Agglomerated Corks

I am curious what the folks on this forum think. I have looked at some
recent postings regarding corks. Most discussions I saw were focused on
synthetic versus cork.

I have asked a couple of wine supply stores whether natural cork or
agglomerated cork are the better and sure enough I got a different answer.
The cost are very similar at these stores.
One vendor claimed the agglomerated corks are only for short term storage.
The natural corks can hold together for much longer storage. The longer
natural corks are the best for long term storage.
The other vendor told me natural corks can have defects due to the
manufacturing process he prefers agglomerated.

Joe