Ray

Default Sweetening & Renewed Fermentation

Alcohol tolerance for a yeast is an average, not a tolerance. In general
the yeast will quit at about a given point. But there could be (likely to
be) yeast in the batch that have a higher tolerance than the average. There
could even be some that quit at about the tolerance and then wake up hungry
later. There are millions or even billions of yeast in a ferment and some
of them will be radicals. Also, yeast are not very bright. They don't
always understand how they are suppose to behave. You could even get a
whole generation that are lazy and quit early. Use the tolerance as a guide
but not as a target.
;o)
Ray