Art Schubert

Default Sweetening & Renewed Fermentation

Tom:

I'm curious: for those of who can't or don't do sterile filtering
(possible stripping of taste?) what if one uses a yeast that stops at
12%-ish (Cote des Blancs) and starts with enough sugar to make the
P.A. higher than that. Will in-bottle ferment be prevented without
sorbate or filtering because the yeast is incapable of functioning,
even if some yeast cells remain?

Art S

<snip>