Posted to rec.food.cooking
Michel Boucher[_3_] Michel Boucher[_3_] is offline

Default Maple Syrup

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in
:

>>> You left out important information on the US grades

>> I did? Was I obliged to clarify that? I don't think so.
>>
>>> The United States uses different grading standards. Maple
>>> syrup is divided into two major grades: Grade A and Grade B.
>>> Grade A is further broken down into three sub-grades: Light
>>> Amber (sometimes known as Fancy), Medium Amber, and Dark
>>> Amber.

>> So, two grades, A and B, like I said.

> But you gave the impression that was all. No mention of sub
> grades. You did not give enough information for anyone to
> draw a proper conclusion.

I don't see how that's my problem. I didn't describe the sub-
grades of Canadian syrup either. I merely pointed out the US has
two grades while Canada (the much larger producer of maple syrup)
has four. Anyone interested can simply follow the link I provided
and read up on it.

--

"War is the terrorism of the rich and powerful and
terrorism is the war of the poor and powerless."

Peter Ustinov