Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default 2008 Ramey Hyde Vineyard Chardonnay

I became a fan of Ramey Chardonnay's many years ago when I was in the
distribution business and we distributed his wines. David Ramey is an
incredibly interesting winemaker and it's fun to chat with him on many
levels. His love of Burgundy is evident in his wines and there is no
mistaking the "Old World" balance and approach to winemaking that he
employs. Last night with Chicken and Dumplings we opened a bottle of
2008 Ramey "Hyde Vineyard" Chardonnay. The wine is a light straw
yellow in the glass. Vibrant nose of apples and hazelnuts with a
whiff of citrus. Medium weight and well balanced on the palate with
rich fruit flavors offset with a fine minerality and a finish of
bright citrus acidity. Good match with the food. "A-"