Posted to rec.food.cooking
Judy Haffner Judy Haffner is offline

Default Looking For"Chewy" Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe-Not Soft Or C...

ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

>All this experience and blue ribbons and
> you don't know why your cookies
> crumble?? Tsk, tsk. Sounds like a lot of
> smoke and mirrors to me.

You really must be a very sarcastic person, as I only found the cooking
group just this week, and have noticed most of your posts are of a
"snippy" nature. Do you ever offer advice without putting the person
down in negative manner? Just asking! <shrug>

FYI winning blue ribbons has nothing to do with asking for a T&T
chocolate chip cookie that is chewy in texture, instead of hard and
crisp, or light and fragile. I never said my cookies crumbled. I won a
blue ribbon on my filled mincemeat cookies and also my fresh orange
frosted cookies. I have been baking cookies since I was in grade school
with great results, but for some reason the last few times I made CC
Cookies I was disappointed because they didn't seem to be the exact
texture I wanted them to be, but I know that many products have changed
their ingredients too, as Crisco is a lot "greasier" feeling on my hands
as I remembered it to be, and I've had better results with certain
brands of butter than others also, which makes a big difference in any
type of baking.

Judy