Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_15_] dsi1[_15_] is offline

Default Looking For "Chewy" Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe-Not Soft OrC...

On 9/24/2011 6:36 PM, Judy Haffner wrote:

> gloria p wrote:
>
>> Alton Brown had a show years ago that
>> featured three different recipes for
>> chocolate chip cookies: crisp, chewy, or
>> soft.

>> This is the only one I could find on the
>> Food Network site:

>> http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/the-
>> chewy/49666.html

> Thanks, gloria! appreciate you sending this. It was taking forever 'n' a
> day to open it on my WebTV, which I use to access the various
> newsgroups, so sent it to my computer, so can open it there and print
> the recipe out.
>
> I'd never heard of Alton Brown...did he have a cooking show at one time>

Alton Brown likes to explain the processes that takes place during food
preparation. I like this approach because a cook should be aware of
what's happening on thermochemical and chemical level. The problem is
that he lets these reactions dominate his style which results in some
pretty impractical cooking practices. Mostly, he's good for a laugh
these days.

My suggestion is that you increase the amount of sugar and oil in your
cookie recipe and don't overbake. I'm eating cookies that's pretty much
the exact opposite. It's called "stone cookies" and is essentially a
biscotti in a cookie shape. Boy is it hard!

http://www.food.com/recipe/big-islan...cookies-416203