Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Yay!

On 9/25/2011 11:53 AM, Serene Vannoy wrote:
> On 09/24/2011 07:36 AM, Storrmmee wrote:
>> remember to inventory as you put in and mark off as you take out,
>> item, date
>> made and how many... helps not only in avoiding letting it get old,
>> really
>> helps to grab it when making shopping lists as you know you already
>> have xxx
>> in there,

> It's a good idea; not sure I can get the locusts to comply. ;-)
>
> (Kidding; I plan to actually forbid them from going in the freezer. I'll
> put stuff they're allowed to use into the smaller one above the fridge.)
>
> Serene

When our kids were small and curious our freezers had keys, we kept them
locked. We both had these terrible visions of one falling in the chest
freezer and the lid dropping and latching them in. When they were teens
we had thoughts of putting them in the freezer until they grew up. Now
that they're both in their late fifties we rather enjoy them all grown
up and kids of their own to torment them.