Posted to rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline
Banned

Default Looking For "Chewy" Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe-Not Soft Or Crisp

On Sep 24, 9:23*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> ImStillMags wrote:
> >you probably have an oatmeal raisin
> > recipe that you like, but we were told
> > ours were the bestest ever...
> >http://hizzoners.com/recipes/cookies-and
> >-desserts/186-hizzoners-oatmeal-raisin-c
> >ookies

> Thanks a bunch for both this recipe and also the one for chocolate chip
> cookies, as both sound wonderful and the pictures look divine! I
> couldn't find where it said how many cookies per batch each of these
> make..do you recall? I'm not sure what butter blend is? I use real
> butter for nearly all my baking and cooking, but some cookies just are
> better with the butter flavored Crisco I have found.

Butter Blend is a brand name of a butter/margarine blend that
restaurants use for cooking and baking.
You can use pure butter. I never used Crisco in our cookies.

> Is it necessary, do you think, to use only unbleached flour for the
> chocolate chip cookies? I always use pure vanilla when baking. I don't
> have a convection oven. I have an electric range and the oven bakes a
> little hot, so have to really keep an eye on something when it's baking,
> and usually take it out 2 or 3 minutes sooner and I also turn the
> temperature down just slightly.

Baking time definitely has a direct correlation to the 'crispness' of
cookies. With a regular oven
that runs a bit hot (use an oven thermometer) you would need to check
them earlier in the baking cycle.

> Did you use to have a bakery, or something? It sounds like maybe you
> did?

I am/was a chef/owner of a restaurant that I had for 13 years.