Posted to rec.food.cooking
Polly Esther[_2_] Polly Esther[_2_] is offline

Default Looking For"Chewy" Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe-Not Soft Or Crisp

"Bob Terwilliger" <wrote> Have you tried storing them with a slice of bread
in the container?

> Bob

Bob, I wondered about the slice of bread, but figured the wolves here would
eat the bread too.
In her book, CookWise, Shirley Corriher explains everything there is
about cookie baking. She thoroughly discusses types of flour, fat,
sweeteners and explains 3 different ways to use the same recipe for
different results. There's a section on doing chocolate chip cookies basic,
thin, puffed and in between. There's another section on fine-tuning the
spread, puff, tenderness and color.
If there's a failure in CookWise, I guess it's that she never tells how
to bake cookies in secret or how to hide them. Polly