Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Yay!

On 9/24/2011 8:17 AM, Serene Vannoy wrote:
> I just bought a new freezer! Now I can take advantage of big sales, and
> do a big freezing session every month without loading my littletiny
> fridge's littletiny freezer to the max. Yay!
>
> http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...block Type=G1
>

> Serene

That's a nice looking freezer Serene, I wouldn't be without one, ours
is, I think, a 15 cubic foot freezer. Right now it is jam packed full of
garden stuff and the one over the freezer is full of beef, pork, and
chicken. On top of that I found some NY strips and ribeyes in the used
meat bin today so have to vacuum seal them and find someplace to stash them.

I was totally shocked at seeing a $3.39 price tag on a loaf of
multigrain bread at the market. I am getting ready to make another loaf
of my own whole wheat and am thinking of buying some bulk rice, whole
wheat, bread, and all-purpose flour to have on hand. With drought, a La
Nina year, and inflation it might be a smart move. Brown rice was over
$3.00 for a two-lb bag, that's getting ridiculous. Or maybe it's because
I'm so old I can remember cheap prices.