Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Salmon cakes

Robert Miles > wrote:
: On 9/22/2011 9:30 PM, Storrmmee wrote:
: > *evil grin* maybe i could do a commercial if i could make it with that
: > flour, lol, Lee
: >>>> a VERY fine sieve for SLOWLY adding the flour/water mix to the boiling
: >>>> broth and whisk briskly when adding the flour/water
: >>>>
: >>>> sometimes this is easier with 2 people trying this (i learned that when
: >>>> i had to hold the fine sieve and mom would slowly add the flour/water to
: >>>> the gravy)
: >>>>
: >>>> kate

: I remember my mother deliberately making lumpy gravy. The lumps were
: meat, though, not poor results from how the flour was mixed in.

: Robert Miles

That's how my thin gravy turnes out, but usually not meat, but small bits
of onionas I use a great deal , often as a bed for he meat, when I roast.
I wil be making a brisket this afternoon whichhas squashed tomatoes and
lots of onions around it as it is braised. These all go into the simepl
gravy that is just water cleanign out the pad and keeping all those very
soft, ymmy vegtables, which, along with thd fond, flavors it. I am
makiang tis traditional holiaday roast just for ME. I will be going out
for a few meals this year, but they had the meat at what is a remaekable
price for kosher brisket at this time of year, so I decided to make it,
have it tonight and them freeze it in slices for use over the next few
weeks of holidays.

Wendy