Posted to rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline
Banned

Default Anyone knows a good culinary school???

On Sep 23, 7:33*am, prettymoira <prettymoira.
> wrote:
> I wanna be a chef and put up my own fine dining restaurant. I love to
> bake and cook good food so I'm planning to go back to school and take
> culinary arts. Any ideas anyone?
>
> --
> prettymoira

Culinary arts teach technique. That's all well and good, you need to
learn some of the basic techniques.
If you REALLY want to learn, go to work in a restaurant. Start at
the bottom being a prep cook and work your way
up. That is where you will learn. Find a place where the chef is
also a good teacher. Work at several places with different
cuisines. If you truely want to open your own restaurant you need to
find out just what you are getting yourself into. Working IN a
restaurant and learning all you can learn from those who go before you
is the absolute best way. Apprentice, sous chef, prep cook,
dishwasher,....you need to know it all.

Otherwise, it's a pretty daydream. Far too many people think "oh
wouldn't it be nice to own a restaurant". They go into the business
having no business being IN the business. And they fail....quickly.