Justin

Default wine made by stars or vips ?

I am a member of the Beringer Wine Club and they recently advertised
"Montagia", a wine Joe Montana (Legendary SF 49ers Football Quarterback) had
some hand in their last newsletter; a cut and paste:

A Rare Collaboration Between Two Men Who Know The Meaning of Excellence.Ed
Sbragia and Joe Montana
For the 2000 Napa Valley Wine Auction, Beringer Winemaster Ed Sbragia and
legendary quarterback Joe Montana collaborated to create the first vintage
of "Montagia," a remarkable Cabernet Sauvignon blend that reflects the
unique and complementary styles of these two talented men . . .

.. . . The first bottling of Montagia, created from the stellar 1997 vintage,
consisted of one case and one 9 liter bottle, which was packaged (along with
Montagia sports paraphernalia and a dinner with Ed, Joe and Joe's wife
Jennifer at the Beringer Hudson House) as an auction item for the 2000 Napa
Valley Wine Auction.
I know it sounds a little out there, but I am not joking. In the 1999
vintage they blended enough wine to make 100 cases of "Montagia".

justin

om...