Posted to rec.food.cooking
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Anyone knows a good culinary school???

On Sep 23, 7:33*am, prettymoira <prettymoira.
> wrote:
> I wanna be a chef and put up my own fine dining restaurant. I love to
> bake and cook good food so I'm planning to go back to school and take
> culinary arts. Any ideas anyone?

Most culinary schools are for-profit and charge steep tuitions. While
most restaurant jobs for newbies pay poorly, leaving you under a
crushing debt burden for years.

Tax-supported schools are more affordable. Check out the community
colleges in your area. Big cities' school systems often operate a
vocational/trade school. In Chicago, the Washburne Trade School turned
out hundreds of cooks and bakers before the program became part of the
City College system.

The cheapest way is just to start working for a restaurant, and learn
as you go.