Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Menu for diarrhea?

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>I can't remember for sure julie, if she will eat brown rice, get some of
>that cooked in chicken broth, then put in some of that shredded chicken she
>lkes and if she likes gravy sauces one of those gluton free jobs stir it up
>and give her to eat in small amounts... and just warm not hot or too cool,
>Lee

She usually won't eat brown rice but we have tried a mix recently that is
white, brown and vegetables. Not good for now I know.

We were just in the ER. The Dr. thinks it is gastritis. I will have to
look up the term. She was given some Maalox with Lidocaine in it and it
took her pain level (on a scale of 1 to 10) from a 9 to a 1. Her labs all
came back normal. BG was 75.

He told me to stop the antibiotic because her ears look clear now. And to
back the Metformin off to 500 mg for a few days then increase it. If the D
comes back I need to call the Endo.

He prescribed Protonix for 2 weeks. I hope she doesn't need to go on that
all the time because all of those types of meds made me very sick.
Increased my GERD something fierce and caused migraines and bizarre dreams.
But perhaps she will need the med only for 2 weeks.

He said for her not to eat spicy foods and no caffeine. She said that she
doesn't eat spicy foods but I'm not so sure about that. Yesterday she
wanted some steak for dinner. It is a Sukiyaki cut so it cooks in just a
minute or three. Then I put a little drizzle of Heinz 57 on it, mixed it
through and served it. She had it with the rice and veggies. I don't think
I've ever eaten Heinz 57 but I think it is spicy. I could be wrong though.