Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Sweet potatoes with goat cheese

Ozgirl > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Ozgirl > wrote:
: >
: > : "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
: > : ...
: > : > On 9/19/2011 4:57 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
: > : >> Devilled eggs and raw veggies always go at parties I bring them
: > to. I
: > : >> think deep down people really like eating healthy food especially
: > if
: > : >> it
: > : >> is already prepared for them.
: > : >
: > : > Those have been my favourites for years....... pre-diabetes as
: > well
: > : >
: > : > (now i can't have too much tater salad...... that's ok)
: > : >
: > : > kate
: >
: > : Hard boiled eggs quartered, crispy bacon, shallots, peppers, finely
: > cut
: > : celery and a few bits of potato with skin plus dressing. Potato
: > salad
: > : with little potato in it
: >
: > I havn't made tis for ears, but ouwld make potatoebroccoli or pitato
: > ctring bean salad. half potatoe half green vegetable,e ach cooded
: > separately, I wold not use mayo, but a mustard vinegrete put on
: > hotpotatoes , only adding the steamed or microes greenvegetable righ
: > before serving so that it woudl not turn gray from the acid. about
: > half
: > the carb impact.
: >
: > Wendy

: Sounds good too. Potato salad doesn't have to be predominantly potato
: I have added sweet potato too (that has never affected my bg's in
: moderation). I use various dressings but the one I like most is actually
: commercial potato salad dressing. I guess because back in the day here
: most potato salad made at home used it so i have got used to the
: flavour.

: What is your mustard vinaigrette? Do you heat it first? I know a lot of
: people who heat vinegar based dressings before putting on salad.
Essentially, it is cider or wine or malt vinegar or a misture and good
olive oil with apulverized garlic clove or so, salt and pepper and a god
dollop of a good deli mustart to taste. I put this onto te choppedred
onions and hot potatoes just draind and chunked so I don't need to heat
the vinegarlet it get absorbed and then refigerated it, if you want
overnight. Add the breen vegetable just befor serving and mix lightly,
but well. I generally just eyeball it rather than measure. If you like
you can put some lemon juice in there too but not only lemon juice.

Wendy