Posted to rec.food.cooking
JeanineAlyse JeanineAlyse is offline

Default Sitara's Fresh Apple Cake Problem

Mags, Sitara? I made your FA-cake (subject) for the first time on
Sunday. My Marines and I absolutely loved it. Their comments were
such as "We tasted Thanksgiving, Christmas, every Holiday! Make it
again, Miss Jeanine, every month. I thought about and waited for a
next day second piece all night long!" And that from a WM (woman
Marine) who chooses to live off-base so she can cook, and whose mother
three hours away makes extra Posole just for me on weekends she makes
it for daughter's visit.

Question, though. I made the recipe as written, but for doubling the
vanilla and cinnamon, upping the coconut to 3/4 cup and I used two
Granny Smith and one Red Delicious apple (all cored as well as
peeled). The recipe is definately a keeper to make again and again,
but it tends to crumble excessively when cut. Also, my cake flour age
was probably past best use time.

I expected the cake to be rather dense and the cut not to be cause for
curmble. Can something be changed, or did my changed cause the
probolem?

Again, thanks ever so for a delicious addition to my favorites!
....Picky