Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default cranberry juice

On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 23:20:47 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Is it possible to find plain old cranberry juice anymore? It all
>> seems to be either mixed with another fruit or has high fructose corn
>> syrup. Hubby bought cranberry juice cocktail for me and it's so sweet
>> I feel like it will rot my teeth.

>Yes. Health food stores would carry it. I've bought it at Central Market
>and I just saw it the other day at some other store. But I can't remember
>where.

Yoose probably never tasted a fresh cranberry. It's called cranberry
juice *coctail* for a reason, it's essentially a mixed drink. Pure
cranberry juice (with no sugar added) is practically undrinkable, it's
very bitter... you can easily make your own by simmering fresh
cranberries in plain water as though making cranberry sauce to make a
concentrate... then add more water to taste but it will still be
extremely bitter (if worried about calories you can sweeten with
artificial sweetener). Even Craisins have lots of sugar added or no
one would eat them.