Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Sweet potatoes with goat cheese

My mom didn't want to cook tonight so Angela and I got dinner at PCC Natural
Market. We had a smorgasbord of things in small quantities including two
kinds of salad, beets, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with goat cheese,
coleslaw, Seckel pears, string cheese, tuna salad, deviled eggs, baby
carrots and some turkey loaf. The turkey loaf had just meat and veg in it
but there was BBQ sauce on it so there were a small amount of carbs.

The sweet potatoes were mashed with the goat cheese. I took a tiny taste
and I really liked them which was odd because I normally hate sweet potatoes
and especially mashed ones. Odder still was that Angela and mom my who both
love sweet potatoes didn't like these at all. They thought they were too
sweet but I didn't find them sweet at all. I didn't eat any more than that
taste because there were enough carbs in the rest of the food I ate.

Angela really seemed to eat only a bite of each thing she put on her plate.
She went for the follow-up on her arm/hand twitch yesterday. That problem
has resolved but now she has an ear infection. I didn't believe that she
was sick. Oops! So she was walking around with a new box of Kleenex. The
kind that are supposed to prevent the spread of cold and flu virus. She
wasn't really hungry.

My dad had to be convinced to try things. He seems to think he doesn't like
any sort of food. My mom and I had to convince him that he did indeed like
beets. And he did seem to like those and also the pear. But most of the
other things he ate, he just said they were okay. He hated the salad but I
must say that we have all hated the green salads we've gotten from there
before. I am not sure what they put in them but they are very bitter. It
had other raw veggies on it. I had the Greek salad and it was fine. He did
seem to eat a lot of the baby carrots but made no comments on them. He
hated the turkey loaf.

I mainly bought so many different things because my mom (if you can believe
it) is an even pickier eater than I am and it is hard to find anything that
she likes. They used to sell some plain chicken breast which everyone ate
although perhaps nobody was thrilled with it. But today they had none.
They did have a lovely looking herbed chicken salad with no dressing but it
had hazelnuts so Angela turned up her nose at it. And they did have two
kinds of chicken on the bone that nobody was allergic to but Angela won't
eat it if it is on the bone. She used to eat the drumsticks but I couldn't
get her to want to eat those today.

I thought the pizza was good too! I haven't had real pizza in a long time.
They make it with a very thin crust and you can buy by the slice or the
whole pizza. I just got three slices.