Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Back ribs prices

On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 19:28:07 GMT, "Brick"
> wrote:

>On 16-Sep-2011, Sqwertz > wrote:

>> > I want to know who DOES pay that much for those ribs, and how do they
>> > prepare them?

>> I'm sure they prepare them the same as the $4/lb ribs :-)
>> Careless/carefree shoppers usually make lousy cooks.
>>
>> -sw

>I keep thinking about the woman I followed in the checkout at
>Whole Foods here in Tampa. She bought two chickens for $12/ea.
>I was flabbergasted that anyone would pay $12 for a $6 chicken,
>let alone two at a time. What can one do in the raising of chickens
>to make them worth double?

There are lots of people where I live that sell what they claim to be
free range organic chicken, for $4-$6 a pound. I don't buy any but
lots of people do, I think they suffer some psychosis. My next door
neighbor raises such chickens and sells them. even the local
restaurants buy them. I buy national brand name oven stuffer roasters
at the stupidmarket for like $1/lb, my cats love them, how bad can
they be. I'm not big on eating chicken, I have chicken maybe four
times a year, but still I ain't so feather brained to pay like $5/lb
for bird meat any cat can bring home. Several of my nearby neighbors
raise chickens for meat and eggs, some have fabulous web sites, only
reason I don't post them is I don't need the entire web to know
exactly where I live.