Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking
Brick[_5_] Brick[_5_] is offline

Default Back ribs prices

On 16-Sep-2011, Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 06:29:58 -0700, Pico Rico wrote:
>
> > "A Moose in Love" > wrote in message
> >> Earlier this week, the supermarket down the road had vacuum packed
> >> back ribs for $2.99 per pound. The same supermarket also sells back
> >> ribs (not vacuum packed) at the meat counter for $8.59 per pound.
> >> Ouch. They are trimmed of too much meat for that price IMO. I
> >> wouldn't pay that much.

> > I want to know who DOES pay that much for those ribs, and how do they
> > prepare them?

> I'm sure they prepare them the same as the $4/lb ribs :-)
> Careless/carefree shoppers usually make lousy cooks.
>
> -sw

I keep thinking about the woman I followed in the checkout at
Whole Foods here in Tampa. She bought two chickens for $12/ea.
I was flabbergasted that anyone would pay $12 for a $6 chicken,
let alone two at a time. What can one do in the raising of chickens
to make them worth double?

--
Brick(Too soon old and too late smart)