Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Susan[_6_] Susan[_6_] is offline

Default Kisses filled with air

x-no-archive; yes

On 9/17/2011 5:32 AM, Tiger Lily wrote:

> no,Susan, Quentin was one of the first folks to speak of WHY we eat WHAT
> we do............... his whole book "Nutrition for Blokes" was aimed at
> teaching people why this food is good or us............ he didn't feel
> comfortable trying to teach women how to cook as he cooked 'very basic'
> dishes (his opinion, not mine)
>
> the spice and food combinations he came up with were incredible and
> delicious............ but he was very wary of 'creating recipes"
>
> Annette was also very diligent into looking into food composition and
> reasons why we should choose x over g or such
>
> it was a very enlighting time, and a great discussion series that went
> on.............. i feel many people learned a great deal from Quentin
> and Annette back in 'those days'
>
> wait, there is a concise posted on the web site for asd of the valuable
> information Quentin provided here

Not here; asd and smn, IIRC.

Quentin was human, and he was fallible as are we all, in our analysis
and thinking. But it was never for lack of thought or effort at thinking
things through.

One way we often differed was in his focus on measurements of components
of food and their theoretical effects and mine on clinical outcomes as
the real measure. This was one of the glories of our communications,
because we were each working a completely different side of the equation.

His mind was just so fertile and searching at all times.

Susan