Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Kisses filled with air

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Ozgirl > wrote:
>

> : "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in
> message
> :
> news > : > In article >,
> : > "Ozgirl" > wrote:
> : >
> : >> When Quentin spoke of opinions he was speaking of his opinion of
> the
> : >> studies he had researched over many years. He never had
> un-researched
> : >> opinions. Everyone forms their own opinions about a subject. He
> was
> : >> no
> : >> different in that respect. He also mentioned a number of times
> that
> : >> he
> : >> was trying to fill a gap. The gap left from all the talks in the
> : >> groups
> : >> about medication, exercise and diet. Diet as in high carb, low
> carb
> : >> etc.
> : >> Quentin and Annette both studied the individual foods as opposed
> : >> the
> : >> food groups themselves. They did indeed fill that gap. This has
> led
> : >> to a
> : >> lot of people developing WOE's that weren't just "eat a lot of
> : >> protein
> : >> and fat" and avoid the starches". That can be nutritional suicide
> if
> : >> we
> : >> don't evaluate what goes into our mouths.
> : >
> : > I find it difficult to believe that people had to be told by
> someone
> : > else that 'just "eat a lot of protein and fat" and avoid the
> : > starches"'
> : > was not sufficient nutritional consideration to give to their
> eating.
> : >
> : > While one might primarily mention the carb/protein/fat ratios when
> : > discussing treatment of diabetes, most of the people in these
> groups
> : > are
> : > not idiots.
> : >
> : > PP
>
> : You don't have to be an idiot to not understand good nutrition.
> : Especially if new to dietary changes i.e. before one hears what
> others
> : are eating. Plus Annette and Quentin took nutrition one step further
> by
> : researching foods and their particular benefits, especially to
> : diabetics, some of who need to make every single bite count if they
> are
> : watching carbs very carefully. That's a lot different to being told
> what
> : veggies/fruits are low carb/low GI. I'll wager there are a lot of
> people
> [...]

One of my sons and myself visited Annette and her hubby for a week about
8 or so years ago. 5 hour train trip plus a one hour car ride to their
house. We had a ball sharing food hints Every meal was great and we
had a lot of fun putting the meals together adding our own little bits
of nutritional wisdom to the mix Because of Quentin I have raw red
onion twice a day most days. Funny how things stick I miss Annette's
focus on eye health.