Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Kisses filled with air

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>
>> When Quentin spoke of opinions he was speaking of his opinion of the
>> studies he had researched over many years. He never had un-researched
>> opinions. Everyone forms their own opinions about a subject. He was
>> no
>> different in that respect. He also mentioned a number of times that
>> he
>> was trying to fill a gap. The gap left from all the talks in the
>> groups
>> about medication, exercise and diet. Diet as in high carb, low carb
>> etc.
>> Quentin and Annette both studied the individual foods as opposed to
>> the
>> food groups themselves. They did indeed fill that gap. This has led
>> to a
>> lot of people developing WOE's that weren't just "eat a lot of
>> protein
>> and fat" and avoid the starches". That can be nutritional suicide if
>> we
>> don't evaluate what goes into our mouths.

> I find it difficult to believe that people had to be told by someone
> else that 'just "eat a lot of protein and fat" and avoid the
> starches"'
> was not sufficient nutritional consideration to give to their eating.
>
> While one might primarily mention the carb/protein/fat ratios when
> discussing treatment of diabetes, most of the people in these groups
> are
> not idiots.
>
> PP

You don't have to be an idiot to not understand good nutrition.
Especially if new to dietary changes i.e. before one hears what others
are eating. Plus Annette and Quentin took nutrition one step further by
researching foods and their particular benefits, especially to
diabetics, some of who need to make every single bite count if they are
watching carbs very carefully. That's a lot different to being told what
veggies/fruits are low carb/low GI. I'll wager there are a lot of people
who don't know the value of certain low carb veggies over others. That's
the gap I am talking about. And if you recall anything in ASD you should
be able to recall that there have been many discussions about good
nutrition when some people have shared their low carb diets in the
group.