Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
tycarnell tycarnell is offline

Default Fermenting seems stalled

Doug-
So here is my initial ingredients and process:

7-13 Put 12.5 lbs rhubarb (cubed and frozen),12.5 lbs sugar, and 1 lb of
raspberries in fermenter

7-14 Poured must into pulp bag (panty hose) in 2nd fermenter, Added 5
crushed capden tablets and 1.5 gal heated water. Stirred must. SG 1.12 -
16% Alcohol Potential (covered and put in pantry)

7-15 Add 1 pack of Montrachet yeast - sprinkled on top

7-16 Stirred must

7-17 Removed pulp bag and squeezed out juice - SG 1.12 before adding
water, 1.10 after topping off. Covered with lid - loose.

I followed this recipe I found on the Rhubarb Consortium Website.

(I did not add the the yeast nutrient or grape tannin and substituted
raspberries for the White Grape Concentrate)

12.50 lb Rhubarb (cubed)5.00 ga Water12.50 lb White granulated sugar5.00 ea
Campden tablets50.00 oz White grape concentrate (optional)5.00 pk Montrachet
wine yeast5.00 ts Yeast nutrient1.25 ts Grape tanninLet me know you
thoughts, if I missed something or if something may have been flawed in my
process.

I have enough rhubarb for 2 more batches, but I want to figure out the issue
before starting another batch.

(I am guessing too much sugar added initially)