Patrick McDonald

Default Legality of winemaking in TN

As everyone has said, you're fine. You'll probably find your state and local
laws will go with the ATF on this. Check out TN's government site.

The below is from CFR 24.75. Get the full 123 pages at
http://www.ttb.gov/regulations/27cfr24.pdf.

Under Federal law, any adult may, without payment of tax, produce wine for
personal or family use under regulations in 27 CFR 24.75, which provide the
following:

· The individual must follow applicable State and local laws.

· The individual must be 18 years of age or the legal age to
purchase wine in the locality whichever is older.

· The individual may produce, without payment of tax, per household,
up to 100 gallons of wine per calendar year if there is one adult residing
in the household, or 200 gallons if there are two or more adults residing in
the household.

· The individual may remove wine from the place where it is made for
personal or family use, including use in contests or tasting.

· The individual may not produce wine for sale or offer wine for
sale.

"sara1" > wrote in message ...
> My ex-husband is trying to come up with reasons to take me back to court
> over custody . . . his only "real" complaint that I am concerned with is
> that he is bringing up the fact that I make my own wine. Here in the

South
> women shouldn't be drinking, much less making it in their washroom!!! I
> don't sell. I drink it myself and occasionally share some with family
> members when they visit. He's making it sound like I am brewing moonshine
> in the basement for goodness sake and these small town good ole boys may

not
> know the legalities of home winemaking right off the top of their heads,

so