Ed Marks

Default Viognier Kit Opinions

Thad,

I started with kits, and am moving towards all grapes, but there are
varieties I'd like to try that for me are most easily tried with a kit.
Everything I've read says that kit juices should not be put through MLF.
They are already balanced in terms of acid content, and I believe they
contain large amounts of malic acid, so an MLF would leave it very flabby.

Since you usually use grapes, what was your impression of the juice in the
BK kit once you added the water? Did it seem to have different varietal
characteristics from what you're accustomed to with Chardonnay?

Thanks,

Ed

om...