Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Swedish Hospital Cherry Hill Food

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> buying as we go as we find what we like is what we did before, it allowed
> for some nice furniture bought at estate auctions and yard sales, our
> waterbed and a futon is the only "new" things we bought the waterbed
> lasted from when we purchased it in 92 until the fire, only needed one
> patch and that was me not a cat btw, it was destroyed in the fire.

When I got my first apartment I only had a bed, dresser and floor cushions.
My dad gave me their old kitchen table as a punishment. I did not want it.
I hated that thing. When I was a toddler my mom allowed me to play with
playdough and a sharp tipped knife. It was some odd knife that was my
dad's. It was like a butter knife but the tip was sharp. I was stabbing it
into the playdough, not realizing that I was taking little chips out of the
table's surface.

So as a punishment I had to sit at that place at the table the whole time I
lived in that house. And he told me I would have to take it with me when I
moved out. I did keep the chairs for several years and got new seats and
backs for them. Way back when you could do that to chairs. But I dragged
that table onto my patio and let the rain deteriorate it. I then unscrewed
the legs and broke it up into chunks as best I could and threw it in the
dumpster. I would rather have lived with no table than that!

I did have a roommate who had a dining table but no chairs and an extra bed
which his mom made a cover for and we used as a couch. Then eventually I
bought a loveseat and a rocking chair.

In those days I was not home much at all. I needed little more than a bed,
closet and a place to fix food.