Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Swedish Hospital Cherry Hill Food

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> get used to it, she is facing losing control and will fight you even when
> you are right, and given the combative nature of your family dynamics it
> might even be worse... Lee

Yes. Both of my parents are very combative. We got into a fight tonight
over Metformin. They told my mom she had to bring his from home because
they didn't have that high of a dose in the pharmacy. Which I thought was
odd because he could take more than one pill. But when his dinner came she
insisted he have his one pill for his gallbladder or maybe it's the
pancreas. I don't remember but he gets really sick to his stomach without
it.

She said she didn't know when he takes his Metformin and wasn't going to
worry about it. I told her it was usually taken with dinner. Then she
snapped that it didn't matter when *I* took it. I told her this was in the
prescribing information to take it always with meals. So she asked the
nurse who didn't really know and said maybe he gets it at bedtime? Part of
the problem is that my mom said he has always been responsible for his own
meds and she doesn't know when he takes them. This whole thing could have
easily been solved by looking at the prescription bottle. But after being
told to shut up once by her and twice by him and also being told to leave by
him (which I did not because he would have been alone in the room), I wasn't
about to argue any more.