Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Too many carbs!

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> That's good and just quietly it might be a lesson for your mum. Hopefully
> someone with authority will explain to her why he needs to watch his
> carbs. Not saying the stroke was caused by high bg's and co-related lipid
> abnormalities but in a diabetic its always a possibility.

There was a lady who asked about his meals and she said she watched his
carbs carefully at home. Well that might be true with what she cooks for
him. Which isn't a lot. And I was there for breakfast where he ate some
cereal and fruit and she did reminded him of how many he could have. But
she certainly didn't stop him when he ordered that fruit and nut waffle with
the sugar free syrup. Or when he sits at his computer and eats all the
carby things. Or when he has a piece of every kind of birthday cake she
serves and ice cream too!

BTW for my husband's birthday only three people ate cake. My brother, his
wife and my husband. Everyone but me did eat ice cream though.

She did say she has noticed that his BG has come down a lot since he has
been in the hospital. But is it the reduced carbs? Or the extra insulin
they are giving him? Or maybe both.

I personally think she needs to realize that it's not just him that needs to
watch the carbs but pretty much all of us in the family. My nephew and his
girlfriend being the exception. But I don't think they eat all that well.
They eat only one meal a day and she won't eat vegetables.